Our Mission, Our Vision, Our Philosophy
We test and utilize emerging technologies to enable the safe integration of UAS into the National Airspace System for commercial and public use through partnering with, guiding, and educating relevant stakeholders across Alaska and around the globe.
As a UAS world leader, we will transform the aviation industry by establishing safe continuous long range UAS operations across Alaska and around the globe. We will be designated as an FAA Center for UAS safety, testing, training, and education; lead the Alaskan emerging technologies test ranges, and be based at an aviation school facility at the Fairbanks International Airport.
We are a family of valued and experienced science and engineering faculty, staff, and students; educators; veterans and former defense contractors; pilots, airframe, and power plant mechanics; former FAA air traffic control flight service specialists; business developers, and independent contractors. Our geographically diverse personnel and facilities allow us to perform groundbreaking efforts with our partners in Alaska, across the country, and around the globe.
• We serve the state and people of Alaska and aspire to improve the quality of life for all Alaskans.
• We strive for excellence.
• We hold ourselves to the highest ethical and professional standards; we are transparent and honest.
• We provide value for our stakeholders.
• We value safe, creative solutions to operational challenges.
• We live up to our reputation for being knowledgeable and pragmatic.
• We value our work and ideas which influence the FAA, manufacturers, and general aviation.
• We constantly evolve to adapt to ever-changing environments.
• We operate at a high level and are driven to pioneer realistic, flexible, effective solutions to real world challenges.
• We are optimistic that we can change the aviation world.